September 10, 2020
September 11, 2020
September 14, 2020
September 16, 2020
September 17, 2020
September 18, 2020
September 21, 2020
September 24, 2020
September 25, 2020
September 28, 2020
October 1, 2020
October 2, 2020
October 5, 2020
IS 162 The Willoughby School
Teaching the Will-to-Be Excellent
The mission of IS 162 is to prepare students through rigorous and relevant content to be a productive and contributing member of the 21st century. Through our collaborative and student-centered culture, students are provided with the knowledge and application of current technology to prepare them for tomorrow’s world.
We are “Teaching the Will-to-Be Excellent”.
DOE STUDENT E-MAIL ACCOUNTS
The DOE has created student accounts for every single New York City public school student.
The account gives your student access to TeachHub, which is how students access:
iLearnNYC, the Summer School 2020 online learning platform
Student report cards (available in the Student Documents icon)
Multiple educational applications
G Suite, Microsoft O365, and Zoom (using secure central accounts)
To retrieve your account ID and password:
- Go to Student Account Self Service(Open external link)
- Enter your 9-digit Student ID (OSIS) number. (You can find your Student ID number on a report card, your student ID card, or in your NYCSA account.)
- Enter your birthday.
- Click Continue.
- If the information you enter matches your student record, your username will be displayed.
- Your student ID is your username followed by @nycstudents.net. For example, if your username is JaneD, your student account ID is JaneD@nycstudents.net.
- If you haven't already set up a password, you will be asked to set one up.
- Pick a password that only you will know.
- Re-enter your password.
- Click Update Password.
Summer reading is so important to keep learning going and to let imaginations run free! We are thrilled to make more e-books and audiobooks for all ages available for free this summer to all DOE families, and it’s easier than ever to access them.
Students can read eBooks and listen to audiobooks through the DOE using the eBook reader, Sora. Sora is available to all New York City public school students. You just need your DOE account name and password.
The Sora app is available on DOE-issued iPads and can also be downloaded to any internet-enabled device. You can also also access Sora in a web browser.
On Your Device
- Download the free Sora app for iOS(Open external link) or Android(Open external link)
- Tap “I have a setup code”
- Type: NYCSCHOOLS
- Tap the “Sign in using New York City Department of Education” button
- Enter your DOE account ID and password (your @nycstudents.net account)
In Your Browser
Virtual Field Trips
This summer choose from more than 100 free virtual field trips to visit extraordinary people and places, remarkable events in history, and fascinating topics!
From animals to aerospace, NYC’s water supply to national parks, honeybees to hip-hop, presidential campaign ads to the Pacific garbage patch, explore the streets of New York and beyond. Dive deeper into movements of change and the inspiring individuals who led the way. Discover your passion and feed your curiosity. Check out the selection for your grade band and take a virtual field trip (or a few)!
To take a field trip, you must sign in to the links below with your DOE student account (your '@nycstudents.net' account). If you're DOE staff, sign in with your DOE credentials (your '@schools.nyc.gov' account).
If you have trouble signing in, make sure you are signed out of your personal Google account. For more help on switching between online accounts, watch this video(Open external link).
Grades 6-8 Virtual Field Trips: Students(Open external link)