• Family and Student Resources


    I am concerned that my child may be the target of bullying behavior. What should I do?


    Student/ Parent Guide in Reporting Bullying/Harassment Complaints

     1.  Report the incident to the RFA liaison(s) or to any other school employee.
     2. Parents should request the OORs number for their records and so it can be referred to regarding the outcome of the investigation.
     3.  The school must advise the parents of the alleged victim and the parents of the accused student whether or not the allegation are substantiated, consistent with state and federal laws regarding student records privacy.
    4. Where appropriate, the complaining student and the accused student should be referred to the guidance counselor, school social worker, psychologist or other appropriate school staff for separate counseling.
    5. Where appropriate, the principal/designee should utilize intervention methods, including sensitivity training, counseling, and/or referral to a community-based agency for counseling, support and education.
    6. Students who have been found to have violated this regulation will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action pursuant to the Department of Education’s Discipline Code and Chancellor’s Regulation A-443.
    7. The principal/designee must follow up to ensure that the conduct has stopped.


    Get Informed


    How can I support my child in taking a stand against bullying behavior?

    Encourage your child to use these resources for students.


    What can I do if I am concerned that my child may be engaging in bullying behavior?

    Here is information on providing guidance regarding children who bully.

    Learn More about Bullying Prevention and Intervention

    You can also report bullying concerns by: